16 Mar 2018
REACH Community Health Project are always keen to recruit a wide range of volunteers who can bring their skills, knowledge and experience to support numerous services. We are keen to hear from individuals interested in supporting our mental health and wellbeing project. If you want to know more about our mental health and wellbeing project please click on the link here http://www.reachhealth.org.uk/project/Mental-Health-and-Wellbeing
The project offers a range of services that you can get involved in and we ask that you commit 2-3 hours on a regular basis, support can be on an individual or group basis.
The vacancies include:
- Volunteer Counsellors
- Volunteer Link Workers
- Volunteer Befrienders
- Group/Activity Volunteers
These roles are based in:
- Glasgow City
- North and South Lanarkshire
- East Renfrewshire
- East Dunbartonshire
Volunteer Mental Health Counsellors
We offer trainees placement opportunities with our partner General Practice (GP) surgeries offering in-house counselling as well as at the REACH premises. Referrals are received from Hospitals, GP surgeries and other organisations. Our counselling service is offered to all community groups with a specific expertise in Ethnic Minority (EM) communities.
The link worker service offers drop in sessions at partner GP surgeries providing support to individuals and their families by giving information they need to guide them to the appropriate services.
The befriending service offers a supportive, time limited relationship with individuals who, due to their mental health challenges, have become isolated and need support to facilitate pathways into society.
Group / Activity Volunteer
Volunteers can assist in a range of group activities to promote positive mental health and wellbeing. Currently volunteers assist service users to take part in a range of activities such as:
- Walking group
- Coffee mornings
- Cooking classes
- Positive minds group
- Digital skills course
What you will receive in return
- You will receive a full induction and training prior to any work with support and supervision from REACH.
- You will have the opportunity to work with one of the best health and wellbeing charities, specialised in working with ethnic minority communities.
- As trainee mental health counsellors, you will have the opportunity to work within numerous settings, including a General Practice.
- Once a month we offer group supervision to all the counsellors with an experienced supervisor and there is regular support from the project staff at REACH.
- Time-to-time we offer the opportunity to take up training programmes, including CPD programmes.
- For some volunteers, we offer travel expenses for specific work.
If you are interested in any of the above vacancies or if you need more information please email: admin@REACHhealth.org.uk or alternatively you can call us on 0141 423 7095